In place of our regular Meditation Monday post, we are asking all of our readers to hold a special meditation prayer for the peace and comfort of the beautiful lives lost on Friday in the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting. We were also inspired by a post on Facebook from one sister of light:
“I’ve been racking my brain and heart on how to actively move forward in love to counter-act (on some level) what happened to the children, teachers, families, and community in Connecticut. An idea came to me that I thought I would share:
My kids and I are going to do 26 acts of love and kindness, one for every angel that just entered heaven. We will help light the lanterns of hope, Gods love and unfailing light in what seems to be very dark times. I invite anyone who wants to do the same…
LET’S ALL DO THIS AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS AS WELL IN HONOR OF REMEMBRANCE OF ALL THE SWEET ANGELS! IMAGINE THE RIPPLE EFFECT IT COULD HAVE ON OUR WORLD!! Every person that you do an act of kindess for will usually pay it forward and the impact of LOVE it could spread would be amazing!! ♥” – Nicole Ramirez (and idea inspired by her sister, Jennie Larsen).
Love is more powerful than hate. Although we can’t take away the suffering of those involved in this tragedy, we can do our part in helping to hold a space of love for this small community. We can pray for the healing of their hearts and the hearts of those around the world that face atrocities like this every day. We can keep our faith in humanity, and choose to believe the true nature of all people is love. We can use our wisdom to remember all pain, all psychosis, and all evil acts stem from a place of suffering. We can choose to face our own shadows with compassion. We can use our thoughts and emotions to create a world where this kind of pain no longer exists.
We cannot combat hate with hate. Love is the only solution. Love is the answer.
Please consider joining us in 27 special acts of kindness, each in remembrance of the lives lost at Sandy Hook Elementary. And continue to pray for the suffering of everyone around the world.
Feel free to share your stories with us here at Charka Center.
Let’s spread love! The world desperately needs it.
For each act of kindness you give this holiday season, consider doing it in the name of one of these 27 beautiful souls:
– Charlotte Bacon, Female, 02-22-06
– Daniel Barden, Male, 09-25-05
– Rachel Davino, Female, 07-17-83
– Olivia Engel, Female, 07-18-06
– Josephine Gay, Female, 12-11-05
– Ana Marquez-Greene, Female, 04-04-06
– Dylan Hockley, Male, 03-08-06
- Dawn Hochsprung, Female, 06-28-65
– Madeleine F. Hsu, Female, 07-10-06
– Catherine V. Hubbard, Female, 06-08-06
– Chase Kowalski, Male, 10-31-05
– Jesse Lewis, Male, 06-30-06
– James Mattioli, Male, 03-22-06
– Grace McDonnell, Female, 11-04-05
– Anne Marie Murphy, Female, 07-25-60
– Emilie Parker, Female, 05-12-06
– Jack Pinto, Male, 05-06-06
– Noah Pozner, Male, 11-20-06
– Caroline Previdi, Female, 09-07-06
– Jessica Rekos, Female, 05-10-06
– Avielle Richman, Female, 10-17-06
– Lauren Rousseau, Female, 06-?-82
– Mary Sherlach, Female, 02-11-56
– Victoria Soto, Female, 11-04-85
– Benjamin Wheeler, Male, 09-12-06
– Allison N. Wyatt, Female, 07-03-06