When we speak of spirituality, we seek alignment with the higher self. When we speak of the bones, muscles, and systems in the body, we also seek alignment within the physical structure.
Alignment is the byproduct of non-resistance to your nature or Source perspective. When your deepest nature is well being—and it is—your body cannot escape the innate pull towards it. We may all find alignment towards certain things easier than others and some areas of alignment may feel less important to us. But since our spirits sit in a physical body, I would be hard pressed to find anyone who didn’t want to experience physical bliss.
As we incrementally inch our way towards alignment, everything else must match it (just as the Law of Attraction has taught us). The most exciting news about alignment is that one aspect of it within us cannot leave another unchanged.
Every fiber of you is living out an experience of it’s own. As you shape your Universe and body structure via thought, you are simultaneously shaping the Universe your cells live in. Once you realize that you and your body are creating together, it’s hard not to start treating your cells like little friends.
When we see ourselves as indivisible from our smallest particle, we can feel ourselves as indivisible from even the subatomic level of all particles.
Just as our emotions are the compass expressing to us where we stand relative to health, happiness, and the higher self, the body is also a teacher that expresses to us the same thing — just in a more physical manner.
The source of all weakness, pain, or disease in the body starts with emotional, mental, and spiritual misalignment. When we realize that those densities are dying to speak and will tell us everything we need to know, our goal shifts into tuning into it’s awareness.
As the body shifts out of suppression and into its awareness it can really set us free. When we offer attention to the body, it responds just like a friend would, for it is seeking alignment in every moment. When we believe that our bodies are on our side, the potential to heal becomes much more powerful.
With that being said, the first step towards a blissful body starts with listening. Listening not with the ear but with the intangible, gentle, and trusting part of yourself that you are deeply connected to—the Soul. This part of you exists beyond space and time in the field of pure consciousness, together with and as the Universe, breathing and creating. This part of yourself understands well being as your nature.
By actively listening to our bodies without judgment and the illusion of illness, we offer our bodies an ample amount of energy. That pure, present, and positively focused energy is energy intended to heal. Let’s start listening!
Muscle Listening Meditation:
1. Lay down in the most comfortable, easy position you can put yourself in. Meditations are great to do in nature but I feel that this mediation should be done in a place that feels very safe and second nature to you. So where ever that is, go there.
2. Start by taking a few deep breaths and keep breathing until you’ve found that you’ve caught on to a natural rhythm; breathing effortlessly and calmly. Find a pace of breath that you feel confident in keeping for the remainder of the meditation.
3. Once you’ve found this cozy breathing pattern, take your focus off of your breath and direct your focus deep into your body. Let your intuition take you to whichever body part needs attention. You can do this to the full body or just wherever is needed. You can start in whichever pattern you want such as; feet to head, vice versa, or completely random.
4. Unlike other meditations, directing your focus to each body part and relaxing each space after another is not necessarily what we are initially going for here. What I want you to do is greet each body part exactly as it is (the release will come later). You’re body has it’s own consciousness. Take a moment and actually meet that body part…greet it, enter it, entrain with it, and direct your consciousness off of your whole body and feel what it’s like to be that part only.
5. If you decide to greet your whole body and find spots that feel great, thank them kindly, but I want you to get really intimate with the spots of tension. What do they look, sound, and feel like? The more you entrain with these dense body parts you will feel a certain emotion radiating from them. The emotion, feeling, or vibe you get from them is a good indicator of what is causing the tension. (For example, my neck and shoulder pain feel the need to control or worry and my back tension reflects to me self-doubt).
6. After you’ve pinned the issues in your body, I want you to talk with them and ease their pain like a worried child, in whichever way that may look for you (as we all have different ways of being calmed, coping, or feeling loved).
7. I also want you to do some energy work on these areas. Imagine pulling in Universal energy straight into your “issue tissues”. You can gather this energy through your crown, your feet, or simply from the air surrounding you. In my experience, energy works more affectively when you’re channeling it through your body and also gathering it from outside yourself. Imagine the energy lacing every cell and muscle fiber with an emotion, visual, or color that feels good to you. Let it cleanse the area. The most important thing about this step is to not look at this area as if it is broken; focus on it with all the positivity and love that you can. Do not be surprised if you feel jolts, tingling, increased pain, referred pain somewhere else in the body, or anything else interesting!
8. Once you’ve given your problematic areas ample amount of energy, fade into whole body awareness and start imagining your whole body as if it a safe haven of paradise. Imagine the inside of you as the most gorgeous landscape you can imagine. Revel in the beautiful sounds, feelings, and colors. Let it take you away!
9. Feel the appreciation that your body has for giving it attention. Take the messages that the density showed you and integrate it in your life. Continuing to think the same thoughts will reveal the same issues over and over. Improving those hang-ups will improve your body bliss!
If this meditation doesn’t work for you, this is also a fantastic way for body-mind release.
Kierstie Leavitt is a passionate indigo, determined dreamer, curious cat, intuitive massage therapist, and energy worker. She heads-up Chakra Center’s bi-weekly EmBody Bliss column. Check-out our exclusive interview with Kierstie for more information about her journey of Awakening and unique/healing style of massage.