What is the Matrix?
While most define the Matrix strictly as government/religions/and institutions, in this article, the Matrix is understood as a STATE OF MIND. It’s the culmination of programs and beliefs we’ve had downloaded into our way of living by society at large. By participating in the system, we agree to its function and allow it to shape our beliefs and influence our choices.
While the natural function of society is to have systems and organization, few people question the validity of pre-established social norms and their relevance in our modern lives.
Do we really need to work 9 -5 to be considered a “hard-working” citizen?
Must we go to Church to be a moral/spiritual person?
Are synthetic drugs prescribed by a doctor truly our only means for combating disease?
Do Universities actually teach us anything about the nature of our reality or the Laws of the Universe?
Should we accept the culture we were born into as the ONLY “right” way to live?
These questions merely scratch the surface in examining the state of blind acceptance much of society has sanctioned as the obligation of humanity.
However, something unprecedented is occurring in the world at large: a mass exodus from pre-established structures, and as people continue to wake-up to their individual sovereignty, the “powers that were” are losing dominance in our lives – no longer the central basis for our decisions and destinies.
The good news is, we don’t need to fight against the Matrix. In fact, we can live within it without being enslaved by it. The trick is to realize the power of the mind. No one has power over what we think or where we direct our focus. And when we decide to use thoughts to consciously construct our own lives, we release the hold of the Matrix in our lives.
I believe it is the responsibility of those of us who have the luxury of openly and freely questioning the system, to do so.
Here are 6 Hacks to free your mind from the Matrix:
- Get intimate with your internal world: Our internal worlds should be MORE real, more tangible, and more powerful to us than any external system. Why? Because the internal world is the causal plane.
Everything originates as thought before it ever becomes physical reality. Becoming experts in our own minds is how we can ultimately master our external experience. But most of us focus all of our efforts externally, and in the process, lose connection to our hearts, our intuition, and our creative power.
Therefore, the first step in exiting the Matrix is to remove our focus from it. We must be in touch with our hearts – the true source and origin of our natural self and in order to do so, we must allow our attention to go within. Meditation is a great place to start. What do you truly believe? What is your heart trying to tell you? As proverbs 4:23 states “Above all else, watch over your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” Make your internal reality your priority, and watch your life change as if by magic.
- Question Every Belief: Examining the validity of our beliefs is not about being defiant, it’s about exploring our capabilities and potential as humans. When something is not in alignment with the health and wellness of society, we are MEANT to question, rediscover, and reform (aka, EVOLVE) to create a better existence for all of us. We are not wired to accept things blindly. Critical thinking is an important function of our brains and a crucial aspect of progressive living.
If you find your heart and desires shut down, chances are you’ve picked up some beliefs along your journey that are out of alignment with your true self. In order to live a fulfilling life, it is necessary to identify any beliefs that hold you back. Allow yourself to honestly access whether your beliefs actually serve your wellbeing, or impede your growth. Typically, once we can recognize a belief is out of alignment (and therefore, nonsensical), it becomes easier to let it go.
For specifics on how to do this, check-out this Bashar video.
- Look for evidence to support new beliefs: Gather as much evidence as possible for your new journey. There are thousands if not millions of people living life outside the standard quo, (and thriving too!). YouTube is a great resource to connect to others who share their experience leaving belief systems and finding their true purpose (and joy). The human mind needs to see that what it desires is possible, so seek like-minded individuals who own their sovereignty and make it work for them. This is crucial if you want to stay inspired and expansive.
- Don’t Bother with Naysayers: They will always be there. People who question your decisions will never fail to point out the perils and faults in living outside the boundaries of majority consensus. While feedback can be helpful, living by someone else’s beliefs, fears, or philosophies cannot set you free. In order to thrive, we must live in alignment with our true desires and dreams. We all have our own unique destinies to fulfill and no one can live our lives for us.
- Commit to Your Path: If you find your mind constantly giving way to fear, make a practice of halting thoughts and refocusing on what encourages and inspires. Developing your own sense of discernment takes practice. We’re all different and what works for another may not work for you. The point is to make a firm commitment to find your own path – one that works for you — and forget about the opinions and doings of others. You are the one who is ultimately responsible for your life and your decisions. Take that responsibility seriously and commit to your own freedom.
- Be okay with making mistakes: Whenever we set out on a new journey, we are bound to make mistakes. Understanding how NOT to do something is one of the most powerful ways to discover what DOES work. Allow yourself to try new things and fail at some of them. Every successful person has their share of failures. In fact, failure is often our greatest teacher – so don’t be afraid to learn from it. Staying where you are out of fear of failing is perhaps the most powerful and debilitating trap within the Matrix. Don’t fall for it.
Make a commitment today to put your heart first. Don’t spend one more second of your life living in a box someone else created for you. What do you truly desire? What do you truly believe? What makes you come alive? Go do it. Because the world needs people who have come alive.
Wanna go deeper? Check-out my online class: “How to Get Out of the Matrix” and connect with others who are making the journey into a more empowered life.