There’s a joke out there among pet owners which goes something like this, “My cat/dog is secretly trying to kill me, especially at the top of the stairs.” Why is this? I have a few dogs and cats myself and I can attest that this does indeed seem to be true.
No mater where you try to walk around an animal, they almost always take the same path of your feet thusly causing the person to do some sort of strange dance in efforts not to crush the little animal.
For a long time I had wondered, “Why can’t they just get out of the way?!” Then I really started to think about it. How do they know where we’re going almost all the time? It’s not like they have a mathematical equation of the average trajectory of the human path. How could they possibly know where I’m going?
Thinking about this process really stumped me for a while. There has to be some sort of energy they’re picking up on, or a projection. That’s it, a projection! Most of us have been walking long enough that we don’t have to consciously think about it anymore. We just do it. But that doesn’t mean the process isn’t still going on, it’s just happening in the subconscious.
Our brain has this handy habit of taking tasks we have repeated so many times and sticking them in the hands of the subconscious. It’s estimated that 95% percent of our brain power is dedicated to just the subconscious. So this super computer jammed into our heads is constantly running on auto pilot, leaving the remaining 5% to or conscious mind who decides what we want to wear, eat for lunch, and what to be in the world.
What does this all have to do with tripping over your cat while your half asleep? It’s my theory, that when you’re going about your normal auto pilot tasks the subconscious is sending out huge energy waves of what it’s desiring.
This could be as simple as walking across the room or as complicated as wanting to be the world’s most talented kazoo player.
Either way, we’re all projecting where we want to go in life and those little companion animals want to go with us.
They’re SO good at being in alignment with what they desire that it may actually put them right under our feet because they want to be with us every step of the way.
I don’t really think they have any intention of being crushed but most of us consciously don’t have any intention of attracting “bad” experiences into our lives and then we do. We can use these precious companions to teach us a lesson about our true power. Watch where your walking, quite literally and mentally. Watch your self talk, it will become an auto pilot response sooner or later. Watch your desires, they will start to follow you. Watch your relationships with others, they will start to repeat.
It’s no wonder that a lot of us have made the habit of getting under our own feet so very often when all we want to do is walk smoothly from one experience to the next. It would be a great self service to take a long hard look at our self programming and get out of our own way.
The Saturday Post: Jamie Mortinson, self proclaimed renaissance women extraordinaire, tackles life with the same fortitude as her handicapped house duck. Together they fly through the realms of spirituality and self expression in almost every way possible. From organic gardening and duck farming to painting and crochet, no part of life’s “creation-fest” is off limits. Interior design, wild edible foods, reading, writing, cooking, self-sufficiency, photography, meditation, yoga and a general love of life encompass nearly all of her time. Those moments not promised to her passions are extended to her husband, and their celestial children: a dog, two cats, and lots of ducks and chickens. She resides in Wisconsin but her home is the world and all the people in it are her family.
Jamie is the Saturday Post girl, delivering you news/updates/and thoughts on spiritually via YouTube and the blogging world.