Numerologically, today is a very special day! And in order to indulge our readers in all the possible meanings, I thought I would share with you a message from my soul sister, Dashama. This is a message Dashama shared in her newsletter today, and it was so beautiful and informative, I just had to pass it on.
In honor of 12-12-12, I thought it may be interesting for you to learn a little about the significance of this auspicious date in time. As we approach the holidays and gather with friends, family, community and loved ones in communion to celebrate love and connection, let us remember the deeper meanings and intention behind all of these days, so we may experience the richest and most profound blessings from every breath we take collectively and individually. Read on below, as I also share a simple meditation practice for you to soak it all in and allow the richness of each interaction and experience to enhance the fabric of your character and the strength of your soul.
- According to Chinese Numerology, the number 1 is a yang number which is ruled by the sun and represents independence & individualism. 2 is a yin number which is ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. When placed together, the number 12 brings harmony to the yin and yang, balancing the feminine energy of the moon with the masculine energy of the sun.
- Twelve is the number of what is completed, which forms a whole, a perfect and harmonious unit. In the ancient civilizations, like Oriental and Judaic, it corresponds to the plenitude, the completion and the integrality of all things.
- Represents the manifestation of the Trinity to the four corners of the horizon – 3 X 4.
- It is the creative capacity, and in some religions, it expresses also the Divine Mother.
- The Buddhists recognize twelve causes of existence or Nidanas.
- The twelve signs, or constellations, of the zodiac.
- The twelve animals of the Chinese horoscope: the Rat, the Ox, the Tiger, the Cat, the Dragon, the Snake, the Horse, the Goat, the Monkey, the Cock, the Dog and the Pig.
- The twelve lunar years in the Chinese lunar calendar forming the complete cycle which lasts sixty years.
- There are twelve principal divinities in the Greek mythology.
- The twelve names of the Sun in Sanskrit, which are pronounced such as the mantras.
- The twelve petals of the Anahata Chakra located in the area of the heart and the twelve petals of the corolla of the Sahasrara Chakra located a the top of the head.
- It is the number of proposals or verses of the Emerald Table, summarizing all the teaching of the Hermetic tradition. It is a document originating from Egypt, attributed to Hermes Trismegist.
- Twelve is the first number known as “abundant” since the sum of its dividers (aliquot parts) gives a result higher than 12: 1+2+3+4+6=16.
Regardless of your race, religion or cultural background, there is a significance we can all draw from this special day.
Meditation / Action Step: I suggest you take at least 5 minutes, or even longer if you can, and meditate on all of the abundance you have in your own life and breath in gratitude for all of the blessings and gifts, love and support you receive every day in so many ways. Acknowledge the balance, harmony, individuality and independence you feel and experience in your life and recognize the areas you can improve upon.
By doing this, you will be aligning with the highest frequency, love and gratitude, which will attract ever greater and more of the same to your life as long as you hold that space, in your heart and mind. Be careful not to fall back into thoughts of lack or negative patterns, as those will only sabotage your great success and happiness.
Remember, we are all in this together. When you do something, I feel it, and vice versa. Let us all remember that we affect the world with our thoughts, words and deeds.
May we all be guided to choose the most eloquent words of compassion and kindness. And not be too hard on ourselves when we make mistakes, but continue to grow, learn and strive for excellence in all areas of ours lives.
I hope to meet you soon, at one of the events coming up either in Miami, Florida, San Diego, California or Bali next June.
Infinite blessings to you,
Dashama Gordon is the CEO of Pranashama Yoga Institute, an innovator in the field of Mind, Body, and Spiritual Fitness. She has worked with Sony Motion Picture Studios, Waldorf Astoria Resorts, Clinton Global Initiatives amongst other world known brands. She has created numerous programs, videos, dvds, & books to spread the healing, blessings of prevention through yoga and healthy lifestyle.
To learn more about Dashama and her global programs, mission and vision, visit her website: Dashama.com/bio ; 30dayyogachallenge.com and perfect10lifestyle.com; connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and read her blog & view her videos onDashama TV