Lemon desserts are one of my favorites! I pretty much love all fruit based desserts, like eton mess, apple crumble, apple pie, lemon meringue, and so on! Nowadays I don’t eat sugar laden desserts but have found a way to make my own versions of them with healthy ingredients instead. Guilt free desserts and no groggy feelings the day after are important to me.
The combination of the creaminess of the avocado and the astringent lemon is to die for!
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Cacao Free
This makes mousse for 2.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, the flesh, no rind
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked.
- 1 dropperful of stevia
- 1/3rd cup melted coconut oil
- Blend the avocado with the lemon,
- Add in the cashews and stevia, blend again,
- Finally add the coconut oil. You will probably need to stir a few times between blends, once the mixture is smooth and a perfect mousse consistency it’s ready.
- Serve straight away, or chill for an hour in the fridge.
You can also freeze this and eat frozen like an ice-cream/sorbet.
Tuesday’s Tasty Treats is a weekly column bringing you the best, most delicious and easy raw food recipes to help maintain and support a healthy lifestyle. Brought to you by Chakra Center’s own raw food goddess, Sarah Hook.